We have just released the new (5.0) and free version of our vROPS adapter, also known as ESA, it’s one of the first one that support VMware vRealize Operations 8.0! […]
We have just released the new (5.0) and free version of our vROPS adapter, also known as ESA, it’s one of the first one that support VMware vRealize Operations 8.0! , if you are new to this, I highly suggest you start reading about it here
Dell EMC Enterprise Storage Analytics(ESA) for vROps(formerly EMC Storage Analytics) allows VMware vRealize Operations customers to monitor their Dell EMC storage within a single tool (vROps); reducing time to resolution and handling problems before they happen.
Using vROps with ESA, users can:
- Monitor view relationships/topologies from VMs to the underlying storage
- View alerts and anomalies
- Storage capacity including capacity planning
- Use out-of-the-box Reports, Dashboards, Alerts or customize their own
- View performance, performance trends, analysis, etc.
Highlights of this Release:
- Rebranding ScaleIO to VxFlex OS
- Support for latest Dell EMC storage platforms
- Support vROps 8.0 using the latest libraries and SDK
Installation is super easy, just upgrade your existing ESA or install a new one, the links can be found below
Once the installation is done, you want to configure the Dell EMC storage array you would like to show it’s matrixes by creating an account to it as shown below
And once that is done, you will immediately see ESA start collecting data from the array, give it couple of minutes.
Once the collection is done, you can either use the generic vROPS dashboards or use our customized, storage based reports as seen below
Of course, the real value of vROPS with ESA is that it shows you an end-to-end visibility, from the hosts -> VM -> storage array which provides a very powerful insight !
Online Support Pages
Simple Support Matrix