A small present from us at Dell EMC XtremIO for both our X1 and X2 customers
For our X1 customers, you can now upgrade your XMS to 6.0.1 and enjoy the new HTML5 Web UI with all of it’s new reporting capabilities. If you are new to the new Web UI, I highly encourage you to start reading about it here
and watch the demo here
for our X2 customers, the usual dose of bug fixes, security fixes (who doesn’t want to be secured these days?), think of XIOS 6.0.1 as the first service pack, now for the details
Services Design, Technology, & Supportability Improvements
This section describes the new features and changes that are introduced in this XMS Ver. 6.0.1-30 software version. They include:
• Support for X1 Cluster Management: XMS 6.0.1 supports managing clusters running X1 code (XIOS version 4.0.15-15 and above). A single XMS may manage both X1 and X2 clusters. This includes full support for XMCLI, RESTful API and the new HTML5 WebUI.
• ESRS-VE RESTful API and Advisory Notices Support: The XMS server supports the new ESRS-VE RESTful API for more enhanced and secure connectivity to ESRS-VE gateways.
Leveraging the new ESRS-VE RESTful API support, the XMS server can now notify customers of new software versions, new/updated documents, or any other advisory message that the Global Support organization needs to convey to customers. The advisory notices can be accessed by any of the XMS interfaces, including GUI, CLI and RESTful API.
• WebUI: A new Advisory Notices screen is added to the WebUI Notifications screens. The Advisories also appear in the Critical and Major Alerts in the top menu bar of the WebUI.
• New/Updated CLI Commands
– show-xms-esrsve-registration: Displays the registration status of clusters to primary/secondary ESRS-VE gateways.
– show-advisory-notice: Displays the details of the specified Advisory Notice.
– show-advisory-notices: Displays the list of outstanding Advisory Notices and their details.
– acknowledge-advidory-notice: Acknowledges an Advisory Notice.
– refresh-advisory-notices: Queries for new Advisory Notices and refreshes the displayed list.
– modify-syr-notifier show-syr-notifier: Attributes have been added to support ESRS-VE parameters.
• New RESTful API Commands
– Feature/Object: Advisory Notices; REST End Point: Advisory Notices; Allowed Operations: Get; Description: Show Advisory Notices
Note: For detailed information on the new RESTful API commands and the entire list of new properties, refer to the XtremIO Storage Array RESTfulAPI Guide.
Fixed Issues in XIOS Ver. 6.0.1-27
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-44900: An SSD rebuild time may extend due to a cluster restart.
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-48263: Inaccurate DAE fan speed values are reported after disconnecting a faulty DAE fan.
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-33123: A cluster may report it is out of “Usable Physical Space” when it is actually “Out of Memory”.
– Issue Tracking Numbers XIO-49472 & XIO-47301: The cluster may report a false “Out of Space” alert during a Storage Controller failure, even though there is still available physical space.
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-45587: SCSI reservation timeouts may rarely result in service disruption.
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-48436: SAS errors reported by the SSD or its DAE Row Controller (iSIM) do not result in a proactive SSD removal or an alert.
Fixed Issues in XMS Ver. 6.0.1-30
• General Fixed Issues
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-32358: Due to memory issues, users may be unable to authenticate against the XMS and access XMCLI and WebUI.
• WebUI Fixed Issues
– Issue Tracking Numbers XIO-48949, XIO-48331, XIO-49267: Logical and physical capacity counters may temporarily show incorrect values during large Volume and/or Copy deletion operations.
• Security Vulnerabilities Fixed Issues
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-45478: glibc vulnerability was fixed: CESA-2017:0680
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-45477: openssh vulnerability was fixed: CESA-2017:0641
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-45479: bash vulnerability was fixed: CESA-2017:0725
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-45474: ntp vulnerability was fixed: CESA-2017:0252
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-45476: gnutls vulnerability was fixed: CESA-2017:0574
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-45475: openSSL vulnerability was fixed: CESA-2017:0286
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-45472: izo vulnerability was fixed: CESA-2014:0861
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-45473: libtiff vulnerability was fixed: CESA-2017:0225
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-46887: C List of fixed vulnerabilities – VE-2016-5616, CVE-2016-6662, CVE-2016-6663, CVE-2014-4607, CVE-2013-1982, CVE-2013-1983, CVE-2013-1984, CVE-2013-1985, CVE-2013-1986, CVE-2013-1987, CVE-2013-1988, CVE-2013-1989, CVE-2013-1990, CVE-2013-1991, CVE-2013-1992, CVE-2013-1995, CVE-2013-1997, CVE-2013-1998, CVE-2013-1999, CVE-2013-2000, CVE-2013-2001, CVE-2013-2002, CVE-2013-2003, CVE-2013-2004, CVE-2013-2005, CVE-2013-2062, CVE-2013-2063, CVE-2013-2064, CVE-2013-2066, CVE-2013-7439, CVE-2015-8870, CVE-2016-5652, CVE-2016-9533, CVE-2016-9534, CVE-2016-9535, CVE-2016-9536, CVE-2016-9537, CVE-2016-9540, CVE-2016-7426, CVE-2016-7429, CVE-2016-7433, CVE-2016-9310, CVE-2016-9311, CVE-2016-8610, CVE-2017-3731, CVE-2016-8610, CVE-2017-5335, CVE-2017-5336, CVE-2017-5337, CVE-2015-8325, CVE-2014-9761, CVE-2015-8776, CVE-2015-8778, CVE-2015-8779, CVE-2016-0634, CVE-2016-7543, CVE-2016-9401, CVE-2016-7910, CVE-2017-2636, CVE-2017-5461, CVE-2017-7502, CVE-2017-3139, CVE-2017-1000366
• NDU Fixed Issues
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-49833: Volumes created by a protection scheduler may fail to appear on the UI, following an XMS NDU..
• ESRS/Connect-Home Fixed Issues
– Issue Tracking Number XIO-46118: Notifications using Secure FTP may fail.
I also wanted to wish all of our customers, partners and the customers services organization a very happy new year!